Harry Potter

Growing up I’ve never read Harry Potter. When I was younger I wasn’t really that much into fantasy because I usually stuck to Star Wars. However, I enjoyed this week’s reading of Harry Potter and didn’t know how much I missed out on. All around this campus there are students who mentioned what faction they were apart of in the Harry Potter world such as Hufflepuff or Slytherin, and all this time during the conversations I would stand there scratching my head wondering what everyone was talking about. This story is a fantasy novel yet it differs in many ways than others. For instance, it is a bit modern and the characters are on our current Earth. This means that they can go from their school called Hogwarts and travel to New York City. I like that aspect of it. It’s almost like bringing a piece of Middle Earth to our own world. Now that I have read a little bit of Harry Potter for this week I’ll be sure to continue diving into the rest of the world through the literature and the films. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aye and Gomorrah

Neverwhere

Marry Shelly's Frankenstein