Tolkien

Fantasy novels were a way for the reader to escape from reality and enter into a fantastical world. J.R Tolkien was a founder of fantasy novels and created the greatest imaginary worlds to date. What I love about The Hobbit is everything ranging from the characters, the creatures and the environments. Not only was Tolkien a genius at telling a good story, but he also made the reader feel like they are actually in the world he created. The story starts of in the Shire and ends in the Shire. As soon as the characters leave the shire, things begin to intensify. In a way it’s similar to life. Reading the Hobbit for the first time when I was younger was a journey and a great read, but reading it now allowed me to see it in a new perspective especially now that Im older. Just Like Bilbo Baggins I was in a safe space which was home. I went to school, spent time with friends and Family and enjoyed life. When I left my house and started living in college it was like entering a whole new world. Bilbo Baggins leaves his home and travels to the Misty Mountains and undergoes unfamiliar territory just like how living in Florida is unfamiliar territory for me yet it is an exciting adventure despite being far away from my home. Tolkien creates the feeling of warmth and being in a safe place when mentioning the Shire. Even though Bilbo had experienced a ton of action during his journey he made it back safely to his home in the Shire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aye and Gomorrah

Neverwhere

Marry Shelly's Frankenstein