Witches

Reading Akata Witch was a very charming read for me. It was a great choice to make the main character an Albino. Most people are familiar with Albino’s and unfortunately are usually seen as an oddity. However, Sunny was no odd character.  She was a witch in the country of Nigeria which I think is a very cool setup. The story of Akata Which was definitely a great way to merge into the fantasy genre. Even though witches are from the Horror side of storytelling, Akata which felt like more of an action-packed adventure. The past couple of weeks reading tons of horror tales was enlightening. I’m not that big into horror overall. However, by reading all of these fascinating stories on vampires, Frankenstein and now witches, I was able to explore a theme that I wasn’t so sure I would have liked all that much until I gave it a shot. Now that I finished it off with Akata Witch, I can say that delving into horror for a few weeks wasn’t all that bad and was very thrilling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aye and Gomorrah

Neverwhere

Marry Shelly's Frankenstein