Bloodchild

1.    I was shocked by this story and how it showed the role reversal of pregnancy. The female aliens in this story use male humans as hosts for their eggs while having a relationship with them. It’s almost like being in a relationship with the xenomorph from alien which would be really creepy. Even though this story was strange it was a neat take on sci-fi narratives as it focused on a very specific theme such as birth and expanded upon that idea.
2.    As a male I wouldn’t want to conceive worm like children. When one of the characters Lomas was giving birth and had the larva come out of him, I could imagine that excruciating pain. Being a male my whole life, I never had the idea or worry of what giving birth would feel like. However, throughout reading this story I put my shoes in the roles of the male carriers and grasped an idea of male birth.

3.    If I were to change the medium of this story, I would change it into a 2D animated film. It would be an animated film similar to DC animated films. The reason why is because so much can be done with 2D animation. As a sci-fi story 2D animation can add on to that imaginative aspect. It would bring a comic book and 80’s/90’S cartoon liveliness to it that live action and 3D movies can’t. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aye and Gomorrah

Neverwhere

Marry Shelly's Frankenstein