Marry Shelly's Frankenstein


In all Honesty I didn’t not know that Frankenstein was the scientist or the main character of the Frankenstein story. When I was younger and even quite some time before reading this story I thought that Frankenstein was the name of the monster that was created. Little Did I know that Victor Frankenstein was the scientist. Something that I found interesting about this story was the intelligence of the monster Frankenstein created. In the begening of the story, the monster is riding a dogsled. At first, I didn’t know who it was. Then When I connected the dots and heard that the giant monster was being chased by a man named Victor Frankenstein, it made sense. The monster that was created endured a life that went from completely not knowing who he was and what he was doing to then telling his creator about the life he had experienced. This showed the progression of intelligence that the monster had gone through. After reading Frankenstein and even while reading it, I constantly though about artificial intelligence. This story touches on the theme of creating artificial life in a brilliant way. Most stories nowadays focous on artificial life in a sci fi way by creating robots, but when it came to Marry Shelly’s Frankenstein, she had him create life using body parts from a cometary to create life which was more of a horrific aspect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aye and Gomorrah

Neverwhere