Neverwhere

Neverwhere was a deep, dark and spooky read for this week. This story is based in London and the world bellow it called London Below. The inhabitants of London Below are invisible to the surface dwellers like us. What I enjoyed about this book was how it focused on the aspect of a hidden world within a world. I grew up watching all sorts of movies like that such as Narnia and the Spider wick Chronicles. Before this week’s class I hadn’t seen the movie Coraline. However, after watching a part it I was intrigued. After my day of classes I rushed to my room and finished watching Coraline. The entire film took me away mentally. The stop motion animation was very trippy and the way the story was told was spot on. It reminded me of Neverwhere as it showed the viewer how deep they can go into this alternate world. As humans there are things that frighten us but then there are frightening things that interest us. That’s the way Coraline saw this mysterious world through the small living room door. Even though the world was odd and creepy she kept going back. London Bellow was a creepy place, however I was amazed by the world building and kept reading. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aye and Gomorrah

Dawn Novel Xenogenesis Vol. 1