Aye and Gomorrah

Odd and bizarre describes this weeks reading for me. This week I read Aye and Gomorrah. This is a story set in outer space centered around a group of characters called spacers. When the spacers are about to hit puberty, they are neutered. The spacers are attracted to the frelks who are another group in this book. Sadly, the spacers do don’t really have a place to call home. There are also told to leave places where they are not welcome. Personally, this story was a bit odd for me and a little out of my zone of interest. I do respect the variety of space stories that are created, however this one wasn’t really for me. I will say that the worldbuilding was neat and the character dynamics were unique as well. 

Comments

  1. This story was definitely different. I liked the comment on queerness in a sense. The frelks are seen as weird because they are attracted to the one thing "they cannot have." It's interesting to put that into the perspective of our society and see how it fits in with people's beliefs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neverwhere

Dawn Novel Xenogenesis Vol. 1